I’m late on this post! I just picked up week 8’s veggie’s today (and also week 7 since I was out of the office last week).
In any case, these are the veggies from July 7 and 14 (shares arrive on Thursdays for me).
Here’s what we ended up making with this lovely bounty:
- Swiss chard: Tried cooking these similar to my collard greens recipe. What a fail. Note to self: these are NOT like collard greens.
- Cucumbers: These poor things ended up getting tossed since they didn’t get eaten before we left for PHL
- Lettuce: Salads! Although again, some of this got tossed when we left town.
- Onions: Used the sporadically in dishes. Didn’t use much of the green tops though.
- Broccoli: Just cooked plain with butter! My favorite way, actually.
- Zucchini: I made the most delicious fritters ever. I’ll share a recipe if we get more and I can take some pictures of the process.
- Tomatoes: Eaten sporadically on salads, sandwiches, and with hummus.
- Blueberries: We used these on cereal, pancakes, and various other breakfast foods.
- Cabbage: I made cabbage soup one day with one head and sauteed cabbage and pierogies with the other one.