My one year later thoughts on September 14?
- Before I left my mom stuffed a present and a card from my family into my rucksack. I opened it at the gate in Cleveland and cried like a baby
- The Chick-fil-A in Philly wasn’t good.
- Unbeknownst to myself, two of my peers who were going to EHU were on my flight from PHL to Manchester! So we were all delayed together. At least I wasn’t going to miss the shuttle!
- I sat all lounged up in Philly reading study abroad stuff for a really long time. And then I got up and lost my seat. Eventually, when the plane was delayed by like…5 hours…the entire gate was chock-a-block full of people. It was loud.
- I was there so long I watched Anderson Cooper…twice. (His show comes on at 8 on CNN and then re-airs at 10).
- Can’t remember at what time I decided it was time to go sleepy sleep but I’m fairly certain I used my free blanket and pillow and turned in. (Unlike the flight home which was during the day so I watched literally 4 movies and listened to a bajillion CDs. More on that in December).
- The flight was otherwise uneventful. I remember someone in the far back yelling that we should get a free meal because we were waiting around so long for the plane to take off (and I think legally they have to give you something). So at 2am they turned on the cabin lights and served the dinner we were supposed to have gotten 5 hours earlier. I passed (didn’t want to have to go to the loo and step over the guy sleeping next to me!)